The Ultimate Filled Peanut Butter Cookie

Monday, October 5, 2009


Finally! After one failed attempt at this recipe due to poor planning on my part, I have finally conquered Coleen's ultimate filled peanut butter cookie recipe. With its peanut butter cookie on the outside and a Reese's PB cup on the inside, these were every bit the chocolate fix that I was looking for! They were super easy to make, sturdy enough to hold up well for lunch boxes and bake sales, and quite impressive in appearance! People kept asking how the PB cup had gotten inside the cookie without totally melting (shhhh....don't tell them how easy it was)! Thank you Coleen!!!

Click for printable recipe.


The ingredients:

1 bag of miniature Reese's peanut butter cups --FROZEN
1-1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco (no substitutions)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Crisco, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until it is smooth and creamy. Next add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place them in an UNgreased mini muffin pan.
Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.

Immediately press a FROZEN miniature Reese's PB cup into the center of each cookie--pressing down until the top of the candy is at the same level as the top of the cookie.
Allow to cool in the pan for at least 2 minutes before removing them. To remove, insert just the tip of a thin knife between the cookie and the pan. Allow to cool completely and the chocolate to reset before serving. Makes about 30-36 cookies (mini-muffin size).
Enjoy!

10 comments:

The Busby Family October 5, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Thanks for this recipe, my old neighbor makes these and they are soooo good, I even brought a bag of reese,s PB cups with me and they are in the freezer. I keep eating them though. I will make this this week, can't wait. We finally got our stuff from america, so now I have my cooking stuff. I made bread yesterday and want to make your zucchini muffins next.

Bonny October 5, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

Those turned out so well! I bet the kids just love them. And they are so pretty, they would make great give-away cookies at holiday time. Thanks for sharing!

Katy ~ October 5, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

I need to make cookies for our library's bake sale fundraiser. These sure look like a winner! LOL sometimes I have to make a recipe a couple of times as well to get it right. It happens to us all, no matter how much experience (or not) we have.

Kim October 5, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

My best friend makes these cookies a lot. Everyone loves them and tries to duplicate the recipe. They always say they have to make them twice before they get it down. Seems like they take a time or two to iron it out. They look terrific and your little one is so happy :D I could gobble up about 10 of these. Love the pb and chocolate combination!

Melody October 6, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

These look AMAZING! And that is one cute little girl!

Jelli October 6, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

Yum, yum, yum! I'm baking this week for a church bake sale, and if I hadn't already purchased all my ingredients, these cookies would be on the list for sure!

Felix October 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

Do you guys unwrap the PB cups once they're frozen or beforehand?

Lara October 6, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

I unwrapped the PB cups beforehand, then put them back in the freezer.

Mindy October 7, 2009 at 12:24 AM  

Ok, I have been wanting mini muffin tins, and now that I see this recipe... I have to buy them so I can make those. They look SO good!

Coleens Recipes October 7, 2009 at 3:21 AM  

The photo of your little girl says it all!! I'm so glad you made these cookies, they really are tasty, aren't they?

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP