"Greatest Brownies in the World" with Coconut Pecan Frosting

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My 7 year-old nephew and I found this recipe in our church cookbook and couldn't wait to find out what the "Greatest Brownies in the World" tasted like.  I know that people have all sorts of ideas about what constitutes a good brownie, but these were right up my alley.  They were ooey, gooey, fudgy, and bursting with lots of chocolate.  In other words, we loved them! Although the German Chocolate Frosting was not originally part of the recipe, after ogling over some similar brownies over at Kara's Kitchen Creations we decided to give it a try and I'm glad we did! I think these "German Chocolate Brownies" were even better the next day!

 Click here for printable recipe.

"Greatest Brownies in the World" (That's the actual name straight from the cookbook) :

Made by AnnaLisa:


1 c. unsalted butter
3-1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
3 T. unsweetened cocoa
1-1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips

Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate. Sift cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt together. Beat eggs; add sugar, vanilla, and cooled butter-chocolate mixture. Stir in dry ingredients. Spread batter in greased 9x13-inch pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.


Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. (Do not overbake). Let cool for about 10 minutes and then put the frosting on. Enjoy!


German Chocolate Frosting Recipe (from Kara's Kitchen Creations)

Ingredients:
1 c. evaporated milk
3 egg yolks
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 c. coconut
1 c. chopped pecans (optional)

Combine milk, egg yolks and sugar in a heavy saucepan. Whisk till thoroughly blended. Add butter. Cook and stir over medium heat till thick; about 12 minutes. Add vanilla, coconut, and nuts. Cool till thick enough to spread onto brownies.

6 comments:

Karey April 20, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

This one's next on my list! :)

Kim April 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

The brownies look really fantastic! I wonder if all the chocolate chips on the top help to make them extra ooey gooey? I'm going to bookmark this one to try!

teresa April 21, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

these really do look like the best brownies in the world!

K April 22, 2010 at 2:09 AM  

Can you send me some of these too please????? Brownies with german chocolate frosting are the best! Yummy!

Sarah April 23, 2010 at 3:59 AM  

Love it! Great Idea. You've got a fabulous blog.
I have a free directory you can enter your link into if you like, as well as a free e-report about growing a blog you can read.

Today I have a post about hot buttons to push for more blogging and business success if your interested.

http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  April 27, 2010 at 7:09 PM  

Hey, thanks for linking back to my recipe! I sure wish I had one of these right now. So amazing!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP