BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's August now and I'm just barely feeling like we're getting into the swing of the summertime.  Our days are filled with playdates, swimming at the pool, and staying up too late.  I've been having fun taking advantage of the more laid-back schedule to try some fun new summer recipes.  This one was a hit with the whole family.  I left off the spicy chilies for the little ones, but personally  I loved it with the little kick of spiciness.  You'll want to serve these immediately or your bottom tortilla will get  a little soggy.

 Click here for printable recipe.



The ingredients:
8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
1 can (4-oz.) chopped mild green chilies
2 cups cooked, shredded BBQ chicken (you can buy it pre-made or make your own by adding BBQ sauce to shredded chicken)
1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup bottled taco sauce
1 cup salsa
1/4 cup sour cream
cilantro sprigs for garnish

Directions: Preheat oven to 450°. Place 1 tortilla on a large baking sheet.  Spread with 1 tablespoon chilies.

Top with one-quarter of the chicken, black beans, cheese, and taco sauce.

Place another tortilla on top.

Repeat with remaining tortillas, chilies, chicken, black beans, cheese, and sauce, to make a total of 4 quesadillas.

Bake in 450° oven for 5 minutes, then with 2 spatulas carefully flip the quesadilla to the other side and bake for an additional 4 minutes or until tortillas are golden.

With a pizza cutter, cut each quesadilla into wedges.

Garnish with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve immediately.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kim August 10, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

It's funny you mentioned that you're just getting into the swing of things. I felt that way too, but our kids went back to school today. It seems way to early to me.

The quesadillas look quick,easy and delicious. I love all the ingredients in the filling.

Charlene August 10, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

That looks so good! I'm going to try this one soon!

Julie August 10, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

Yum...I'm sure I'd love this!

teresa August 10, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

right around the time i get used to summer, it starts ending for me too!

these look awesome, those flavors are probably bursting.

FoodontheTable August 11, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

Yummy! This is making me hungry. This is a great combination for the quesadilla.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP