Fresh Strawberry Pie

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I love this time of year when strawberries are plentiful, cheap, and perfectly sweet!  We snack our way through about a pound a day each May and June.  This recipe for Fresh Strawberry Pie is from my friend Heather and I must say it is DIVINE!  I love that the strawberries are never cooked and keep their firm texture and the sweetness level is just perfect.  You'll want to hurry and make this one quick while the strawberries are still good. 

Click here for printable recipe.  

 The ingredients:
1 prebaked pie crust
3 cups ripe, fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and cut lengthwise into fourths
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1-1/2 cups cold water
1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons Strawberry Jello powder (slightly less than a small package of Jello)

Directions:  Arrange the strawberry quarters in the bottom of the baked pie shell.


In a medium saucepan off heat, stir together sugar and cornstarch.   Whisk in cold water.  Cook mixture over medium heat until thick and transparent.

 Add Jello powder and stir until Jello dissolves; about 1 minute.

Cool 2 minutes, then immediately pour over berries in pie shell.

Refrigerate until set (several hours).  Serve with fresh chilled whipped cream.  Enjoy!

7 comments:

SnoWhite June 15, 2010 at 7:32 AM  

you're making me crave pie at 7:30 in the morning... not a good way to start the day ;-)

This looks delicious!!!

FoodontheTable June 15, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

This is just like my grandmother used to make!! I love this recipe.

Lyndas recipe box June 15, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Can't beat strawberry pie! I have a similar recipe and we love it.
Your pie is gorgeous looking.

Kim June 17, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

That strawberry pie looks delicious! I'd love to have a slice right now. Pie is my weakness.

Martha A. May 3, 2011 at 5:38 PM  

We enjoyed trying this pie out, but I think our strawberries were not full of alot of flavor yet.....= (

Amy & Mike June 27, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

This recipe is also great with peaches (just substitute fresh peaches and peach jello).

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP