Chocolate Swirl Cake

Sunday, May 10, 2009

In honor of Mother's day I thought I'd include this fun little story about what sweet kids I have!

While my husband was sick in bed for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, my kids found this fun recipe in one of my cooking magazines and surprised me with it (even taking pictures of it along the way). They did not know what a springform pan was, so ours didn't look quite like this one, but boy oh boy for its fun quotient and complete simplicity it was SO, SO good! I hope they surprise me with it another day too. ;)
The ingredients:
1 package (13-oz.) Swiss cake rolls
2-3/4 cups cold milk
2 packages (3.9 oz. each) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
2 cups Cool Whip

Cut each cake roll into eight slices; set aside any chocolate coating that separates from rolls for garnishment. Line a 9-inch springform pan with cake slices, completely covering the bottom and sides.

Isn't that cute? They even knew enough to take pictures along the way, so I could put it on the blog.

In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Pour over cake. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with any reserved chocolate coating. They drizzled ours with a little chocolate syrup. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Makes 8 servings. Happy Mother's Day!

Enjoy!



5 comments:

Katy ~ May 10, 2009 at 5:53 PM  

Oh my goodness, what a hoot this is. What wonderful, wonderful kids! I LUUUUVR this. I would be so proud of those kids if they were mine; heck, I AM proud of them, and so very very pleased for you!

Jo May 10, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

That is soooo sweet!!

Isn't it funny how kids pick up on what we adults do? My two often say "mam you haven't taken a photo yet?" or "isn't this good enough to go on your blog?" It always makes me smile.

I hope you had a great mother's day - I did....

Take Care,

Jo xx

Heidi May 11, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

I've saw this one before in the Simple and Delicious magazine. It looks so yummy.

Kristen May 12, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

Oh my gosh, how cute is that?

Deanne May 13, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Oooh, that sounds delish and easy. The perfect match!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP