Mom's Broccoli Cheese Soup

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our family loves this Broccoli Cheese Soup smooth rather than chunky, so I chop most of the veggies in the food processor.


Directions:
4-5 cups cubed potatoes (I do mine quite small)
2 cups chopped carrots
1-2 cups celery, chopped (optional)
1 cup chopped onions
3 chicken bouillon cubes




Cook above ingredients in 4 cups water for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are done.

Add 1 pkg (10 ounces) frozen broccoli, partially thawed (put in food processor)

Heat through.

Add:
1 Tbs mustard
1/2 tsp pepper
Garlic powder to taste (optional)

Stir.

Add:
3 cups milk
1/2 to 1 lb velveeta cheese, cubed
Stir until cheese melts.

Serve in bread bowls or with bread sticks.


2 comments:

Spryte March 26, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

My daughter LOVES broccoli cheese soup! I'll have to give this a try!

Donna-FFW March 26, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

This sounds wonderful! Love broccoli and cheese soups!! I have yet to try my own!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP