White Chip Chocolate Cookies

Monday, March 9, 2009

I made these cookies one time for backwards day at school, since they're reversed from the traditional chocolate chip cookie with the dark cookie and light chips. Ever since then, my kids have called them "Inside-Out Cookies". Pretty much I only make them once in a while, since we can gobble a whole batch in one sitting. They're soft, chocolatey, and oh so yummy!
The ingredients:
1 cup butter
2/3 cup cocoa
3/4 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
2-1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 6 minutes (you'll want them to look slightly under-done when you take them out).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

jacjewelry March 9, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Oh my... I want one of these (or 5) right now. These look amazing!

Donna-FFW March 9, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

MMM.. another chocolatecookie recipe that I must try. They look perfect, Lara! Love the addition of the white chips!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP