Cinnamon Roll Recipe

Sunday, October 19, 2008

This recipe is from my friend, Karen, who is well known in our ward for her superior bread making skills. Not only is she consummate teacher of the bread making class, but she is generous in sharing her delicious creations with those of us lucky enough to serve in Primary with her. These truly are perfectly soft and delicious!

The ingredients:

3 cups hot water
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup dry potatoes (potato flakes)
2 eggs
2 Tbs. yeast
4 + cups flour

Frosting:

1/2 cup butter
1 lb. powdered sugar (~4 cups)
1 tsp. vanilla
3-4 Tbs. milk

Mix all dry ingredients (except flour and yeast). Then add the water/milk and the eggs. Mix. Then add 1 cup bread flour, then the yeast, and finally the rest of flour. Knead well.

Place dough in greased bowl, covered and let rise for 1 hour (Cami skips this step with seemingly no ill effects).

Roll out dough flat and then brush well with melted butter and then sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture (2 Tbs. cinnamon + 1/2 cup sugar). Roll up and cut into slices. Allow to raise, then bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Wait 5 minutes before frosting. Serve warm!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

K October 20, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

One look at your website and I need some dessert! Yummy!

Anonymous,  July 29, 2011 at 9:54 AM  

Do you use cake flour for the whole recipe? Also, what size pan do you use? Can't wait to try this one.

Lara July 29, 2011 at 10:58 AM  

I usually use just plain white all-purpose flour when I make them, although I imagine that cake flour would make for a finer crumb. If you try it you'll have to let me know.

I usually use my 9x13-inch baking dish and my round cake pans, but I don't think it really matters what size you use as long as it has sides.

Anonymous,  June 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM  

Will give a better measurement for the flour? Such as 9 to 12 cups of flour ... something more specific than "4 cups +" will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP