Peanut Butter Fudge

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I found this recipe in a family cookbook Lara compiled several years ago, but it took until this year for me to try it. It turned out amazingly creamy and yummy, and when we gave some of it away one of the recipients told us that they fought over who would get the last piece.  Next time I make it, I'm dipping it in chocolate for extra decadence!  :)


Click here for printable recipe.  
Peanut Butter Fudge
posted by Lara's Mom

The ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups light brown sugar
3/4 cups milk
1-18 oz jar peanut butter
1- 7oz jar marshmallow creme
1 tsp vanilla 
Mix sugar, brown sugar, and milk in a large saucepan. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter, marshmallow creme, and vanilla. Mix quickly before fudge hardens. Pour into well buttered 9 inch pan. Cool then cut.  Enjoy!


7 comments:

K February 9, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

It's a good thing I don't have any marshmallow creme or I'd have to make this right now. Sounds so yummy!

teresa February 10, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

mmmm, i've never had pb fudge, but it looks awesome!!

Chef Aimee February 10, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

I am with K...if I had the marshmallow creme, I would be making these! Oh they look SO good!

Julie February 11, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

Those look great! Dipped in chocolate might be illegal :)

Katy ~ February 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

I have a beloved peanut butter fudge recipe that I've had since home ec in high school. But this one sounds so intriguing with the brown sugar that I'm going to have to try it.

Great post.

Sophie February 15, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

What a fun recipe! I imagine they'd taste kind of like a reese's dipped in chocolate. yum :)

Mindy February 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

Yum! I love peanut butter.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP