Holiday Baking #19: Peppermint Bark

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Peppermint bark is one of my favorite holiday indulgences and I'm thrilled to share the second of Jenny's three chocolaty and minty holiday treats!   These would be another great addition to a plate of goodies or for a holiday party snack.  I think I'll actually wait until after Christmas this year to make it, just so I can swipe the candy canes off the tree and use those.  :)

The "chocolate-flavored compound coatings" referred to in this recipe are referring to either Almond Bark (readily available at grocery stores and Walmart or Target) or the Wilton's or Mercken's melting chocolates available at most craft stores.  ‘Real’ chocolate can be used in place of chocolate-flavored compound coatings,but the layers tend to separate and be more difficult to handle than when using
compound coatings, and ‘real’ chocolate must be tempered when melted.
 
Click here for printable recipe.
Enjoy! 

***************

Thanks again to Jenny and her candy making expertise!  She should be the brand new momma of a baby boy by now!    :)

2 comments:

Ann December 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Ooh, I love the idea of peppermint bark! I think I'd like to try my hand at candy making!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP