Avocado Smash

Sunday, November 22, 2009

I heard about this recipe from my sister-in-law, Karey. I tried it and loved it! Karey told me she found it on the Food Network website.  (Note from Lara:  AnnaLisa made this for our family and it was gobbled up in no time flat. I was also impressed with how quick and easy to make it was. )

Click here for Printable Recipe.

Avocado Smash
from AnnaLisa

1 avocado
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro leaves
3 scallions - thinly sliced
1 lime - juiced
1 cup sour cream
salt and pepper
1 plum tomato - finely chopped

Remove one avocado flesh to a bowl. Add the cilantro and scallions. Pop the lime in the microwave for a few seconds. Add the juice of one lime, the sour cream and season with salt and pepper. With a fork or spoon smash up the mixture, leaving chunks for a good consistency. Chop and seed the plum tomato and fold into avocado. Serve with chips or crackers. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kim November 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

This sounds delicious to me! I love avocado with cilantro.

Coleens Recipes November 23, 2009 at 2:10 AM  

I don't know why I stop making this kind of recipe in the winter months because it is the PERFECT snack food while the holiday dinner is finishing up. This looks delicious.

teresa November 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

i'm sold! how delicious!

K November 23, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

A.L. made this dip for us and it's delicious!

Katy ~ November 28, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

LUV avocado. What an easy and delicious dip. YUM

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP