Holiday Baking #11: Butterscotch Fudge

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fudge is one of my favorite treats in the world and every time I have it I think how lucky I am that it's not readily available most of the year, because I'd probably be double my current weight otherwise.  :)   Fudge is usually all about the chocolate for me, but this one from Taste of Home  caught my eye for its unique butterscotch flavor.    It came together quickly and was simple creamy, butterscotchy goodness with a touch of maple.  


For other fudgy yumminess, also see Mom's Peanut Butter Fudge recipe and one of my favorites....Rocky Road Fudge Bars


Click here for printable recipe. 


The ingredients:

1 teaspoon, plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
1-2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 package (10-11 ounces) butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp. maple flavoring

Directions:  Line an 8-inch square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter, set aside. 

In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.  Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. 

Remove from the heat; add the marshmallows, butterscotch chips, nuts, and maple flavoring. 

Stir until marshmallows and chips are melted.  Spoon into prepared pan. 

Let stand until set. 
Using the foil, lift the fudge from the pan; discard the foil.  Cut the fudge into 1-inch squares.  Store the fudge in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Lila December 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

Any fudge, is good fudge in my opinion! Looks divine!
xoxo
Lila Ferraro

Anonymous,  December 11, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

This looks fantastic. I love butterscotch and I love fudge so now I'm craving this!

ann December 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

I didn't mean to be anonymous.

teresa December 12, 2010 at 1:06 AM  

fudgy goodness, it looks so good!

Mirien December 15, 2010 at 12:25 AM  

I'm with you--it's all about the fudge. I've already made a couple of pounds of it, and I was going to stop there until I saw your recipe. You've made me nostalgic. My mom used to make "two-tone fudge", as she called it. Chocolate on the bottom, and butterscotch on the top. I think I'll try that with this recipe! I'm pretty sure fudge was almost completely to blame for the 5 lbs I gained over the holidays last year. I better give more of it away this time. Sigh.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP