Homemade Oreo Cookies

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My personal opinion is that these homemade Oreo cookies are leaps and bounds above the wimpy little ones from the store. These are soft and gooey and oh so yummy! Cami always tries to make them gargantuan sized, which I always give her a hard time about, but in all reality I'm secretly glad when she does so I can eat more without being embarrassed. After all I can say that I only ate three cookies...never mind they were as big as slices of bread...it was only three!
















The ingredients:
















COOKIE:
2 chocolate cake mixes (dry)
1 cup butter
4 eggs

FILLING:
1 pkg. (8-oz.) cream cheese
1-3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. butter

Combine cake mixes, butter, and eggs and roll into small evenly sized balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes. When cool spread with filling and then sandwich them together like an Oreo! The superior Oreo.















( single stuffed Oreo)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Donna-FFW February 24, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

LARA_- LOVE the look of these. My children will think they are in heaven with such a cookie!! Thanks!

Deanne February 24, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

I've made these before and love them too! I think they're even better a few minutes out of the freezer. Mmmmm

Mamie March 16, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

I just made these as a St. Patrick's Day dessert - used green decorating paste to color the filling and added crushed peppermints (sadly, I was out of mint extract to enhance the mint aspect of the filling). They look adorable and the family cannot wait to eat them tomorrow! They're chilling in the fridge right now.

If they taste as good as they look, I'll be sharing the recipe on my own blog with my St. Paddy's twist (and linking back to you, of course).

Thank you!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP