Tomato and Brie Focaccia

Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm always on the hunt for fun, new recipes for our Friday pizza night tradition.  I found this one in a Taste of Home magazine and we loved its fresh, simple goodness.  The chunks of slightly sweet brie cheese balanced out the fresh tomatoes perfectly.  The kids still preferred their plain sauce and cheese pizza, but for the more adventurous sort (those of us over the age of 10) we loved this fun new recipe!   



Click here for printable recipe

The ingredients: 
2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbs. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup water
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. olive oil, divided
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
6-oz. Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

Directions:  In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.   In a small saucepan, heat the water and 1/4 cup oil to 120-130 degrees.  Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened.  Stir in enouch remaining flour to form a soft dough. 

Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.  Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.  Cover and let rise for 20 minutes. 

Punch dough down.  Press into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.  Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, and oil.  Spread over dough; top with cheese cubes.




Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.  Place pan on wire rack to cool.  Enjoy! 

4 comments:

Kim March 8, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

You're really turning out some good looking bread lately:D I love brie cheese and I bet this was delicious.

Recipes to Live By March 9, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

that looks mmm mmm good! I will definitely have to try it.

Julie March 9, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

I have to say, it's making me drool!

Velva March 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

Gosh, that looks fabulous. Love it!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP