Barbecue Beef Sandwiches

Monday, January 12, 2009

After making this easy, tender, beefy dish, instead of compliments I got full out complaints that I don't make things like this often enough! They first loved the fact that it was beef ( a rare occurrence in our house), then loved the rich, barbecue flavor. I loved the fact that it was perfect for a hectic day, since I did all the hard work (if it could be called hard) early in the day. Now I just need to make it more often.



The ingredients: (not pictured: rolls)

2-1/2 - 3 lbs. beef roast
1 Tbs. beef bouillon (3 cubes)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup barbecue sauce
large buns or rolls

Place roast in large crock pot. Sprinkle bouillon, onion, green pepper, and pepper over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours* (do not add extra liquids). When beef is tender enough to break into chunks, add the remaining ingredients (tomato sauce, brown sugar, and barbecue sauce). Cook one more hour. Serve beef on large rolls or hamburger buns.

*When I made this I didn't have 8 hours, so I placed the crock pot temperature on high, cooked it for four hours.

Leftover idea: Since we had quite a bit leftover, we decided to try an old Crain family favorite a couple nights later. Take a can of refrigerated biscuits (these were Grands), stuff them into a greased muffin tin leaving a hollow middle. Place the leftover BBQ beef into the hollow, sprinkle with cheese, and bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes. Easy and yummy...BBQ cups!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP