Holiday Baking #27: Apple-Raspberry Streusel Bars

Monday, December 27, 2010

Twenty-seven straight days of goody recipes and I can officially say that I am almost goodied out.  I'm definitely looking forward to sharing some yummy dinner and side recipes again with you all soon!  In the meantime, I've still got a few more goodies to go to finish out my "Baking through the Holidays with Recipe Shoebox" commitment (or according to my husband "Lara likes self-inflicted stress"   commitment) These easy apple-raspberry bars were quite tasty with the  combination of tart and sweet flavors and would be a perfect to share on a plate of goodies or for a tasty, unique dessert. 

Click here for printable recipe. 

The ingredients:

CRUST and STREUSEL:
2 cups uncooked oats (quick or old-fashioned)
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup butter, melted

FILLING:
3 cups peeled, chopped tart apples (Granny Smith worked well)
2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups raspberry preserves

Directions:
Heat oven to 375°.  For crust and streusel topping, combine oats, flour, sugar, and baking powder; mix well.  Add butter, mixing until moistened.  Reserve 2 cups; set aside.  Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of 9x13-inch baking dish.  Bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown. 

For filling, combine apples and flour.  Stir in preserves. 

Spread onto crust to within 1/2-inch of edges.  Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, pressing lightly. 

Bake 30-35 minutes or until light golden brown.  Cool completely; cut into bars.

  Store tightly covered. 

Enjoy!

5 comments:

ann December 27, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Yeah, I'm pretty goodied out too! That is, until I saw your post now I want to make those!

Lordi,  November 4, 2013 at 4:45 AM  

This apply raspberry is so cool and it's just one of the healthy easy desserts that I think you can make it at home.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP