Honey Mustard Chicken

Friday, February 6, 2009

We "bought" this dinner from a young man at a Boy Scout fundraising auction and were pleasantly surprised at how yummy it was. When I got the recipe from him and realized that it's not even that time consuming to make, I was pleased! This is another one of those rare meals that everyone in the family enjoys and one time we were even told by a guest that it was the best meal that he'd EVER had in his entire life. I'm not sure I would go that far with my praise, but it's definitely still a keeper!
















The ingredients:
















6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 boxes Stove Top stuffing
2 Tbs. butter

Glaze:

1/2 cup mustard

1/2 cup honey
2 Tbs. maple syrup (you can use the cheap kind)
2 Tbs. vinegar

2 Tbs. brown sugar

1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt


Heat butter on high. Brown chicken breasts until nice looking golden brown, but do NOT cook all the way through (you want the centers to remain pink).















Prepare stuffing as directed on box. Line bottom of 9x13" pan with thin layer of stuffing. Split chicken breasts so that they will open like a book. Stuff breasts with stuffing. Cover with tin foil.















Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until breasts are cooked thoroughly. Remove foil and cover chicken and stuffing liberally with glaze. Bake another 10 minutes uncovered. Serves 6.















Enjoy!

3 comments:

Donna-FFW February 6, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Wow, I bet my entire family would adore this also. Even the kids, I am adding to my never ending list of must make soon!

Sara February 6, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

This sounds really good, I've never made anything like it before!

Jodi February 6, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

Hi! I just found your blog thru blog-hopping. You have great recipes, including this one. I'll be back!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP