Garlic Chicken Pasta (in the Crockpot)

Monday, March 25, 2013

Life with five kids is always hectic, but with spring activities kicking into high gear, I've found that dinnertime is getting the short end of the stick more and more often.  This recipe is one I discovered, bought the ingredients for, and whipped out on one crazy night.  Just throw the chicken and the bottle of marinade  into the crockpot, let it cook all day, cook the pasta, and whip together the sauce in a couple of minutes an voila you have a very yummy dinner that takes about 10 minutes of hands-on cooking time.  We loved the flavor of this dish and I am now keeping the Lawry's marinade in the pantry for another insane day. 

Click here for printable recipe.  

Posted by Lara. 



The ingredients:

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle (12 oz) Lawry’s mesquite marinade with lime juice
1 pkg. (16 oz.)  pasta
1/2 cup butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 Tbs. pepper
2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 lb. bacon, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions: 
Place chicken and bottle of marinade into crockpot and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.  
When chicken is tender and cooked through, remove from crockpot, drain the juices, and shred the chicken.  
  Set aside.  About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta as directed on package. In a small saucepan, melt butter, then add whipping cream, pepper, garlic, whipping cream, and chopped bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. 

In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top and serve immediately.
Makes about 6 servings.  
Enjoy! 


Recipe Source:  Becky Higgins


2 comments:

teresa March 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM  

i definitely need more meals like this in my life! it looks delicious!

Kim March 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM  

Oh yes...I only have two kids, but I definitely know what you mean about hectic evenings. It seems like the coaches and teachers plan things right for dinner time sometimes.

This does look incredible and very comforting. I can see how it would be a big hit with kids.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP