Potato Kielbasa Skillet

Monday, April 13, 2009

My hubby was quick to declare this smoky, meat and potato combination a "manly man's meal".   Happily it was also eagerly devoured by the little people in our family too.
Click here for printable recipe.
The ingredients:

1 pound red potatoes, cubed  (I used 3 medium sized potatoes)
3 Tbs. water
3/4 lb. smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. brown sugar
2 Tbs. cider vinegar
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard ( I used regular mustard)
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 cups fresh baby spinach ( I like to chop my spinach, but you can use them whole if you prefer)
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Directions:  Place cubed potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover bowl with plastic wrap (no need to poke any holes) and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until fork tender; drain.  (Mine took closer to 6 minutes before they were fork-tender)




In a large skillet on medium-high heat, saute kielbasa and onion in oil until onion is tender; about 3-5 minutes. (I skipped the oil and just used the bacon grease to fry it in.)  Add potatoes; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until kielbasa and potatoes are lightly browned.

  
Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, thyme, and pepper; stir into skillet.
 
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and bacon; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Yields 4 servings.



 
Enjoy!

Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

13 comments:

Donna-FFW April 13, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

This looks fantastic.. I love kielbasa dishes and this sounds great. I am printing it off..

Coleens Recipes April 14, 2009 at 3:05 AM  

This sounds delicious...I think I am definitely making this one.

Deanne April 14, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

This looks yummy! I'm going to give this one a try for sure.

Spryte April 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

That would definitely be a winner in my house!!!

Erin July 16, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Wow, lots of your recipes look so delicious - it's a bit overwhelming to decide where to start! I love it! :)

Judy,  October 21, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Love this recipe and can't wait to try it! I know my hubby will love it

Betty @ Little Farm in the Big City January 24, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

I just stopped by from Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday. Looks like she's making this dish this week. I love kielbasa so I had to check it out. Looks wonderful! I will have to try this one soon! Thanks for sharing all of your yummy recipes.

Beverly January 25, 2011 at 11:46 PM  

Very tasty! Thanks for sharing!

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom January 28, 2011 at 8:17 AM  

We love Kielbalsa around here, and I really need to use spinach more. This looks great!

badger girl January 31, 2011 at 7:47 PM  

I made this tonight and it was great! I did not use the bacon and I did not use the olive oil. We never use saran wrap in the microwave either, so I used a covered glass vegetable dish. We used smoked kielbasa that was "lite" and red fingerling potatoes. Mmmm! Will definitely make this again, thanks for sharing!

Betty @ Little Farm in the Big City February 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM  

This is a KEEPER!! I made it for dinner tonight and everyone loved it! I had to make a few minor changes to suit us like using white potatoes instead of red because that's what I had and not adding the bacon because we don't have that this week either. But, it was still sooo yummy! This will be a regular around here!

anadandy February 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM  

Made this last night and it was excellent! Definitely going in the keeper binder, plus, I have leftovers in my lunch today.

Kate February 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM  

Mmm, looks great. I make a similar one skillet dinner with kielbasa, potatoes, and mushrooms--- we call it our Hobbit dinner! The sauce you make looks tasty, I'll definitely have to try this. Thanks.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP