Open-face 'SPAM'-burgers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I have been told that there are two types of people in the world when it comes to Spam: those who are always searching for a new and exciting way to use it, and those who want to stay as far away from it as possible. This simple recipe can be for both! If you are not a fan of Spam, simply substitute it with ham (or maybe even hot dogs). In my home, the kids love it either way.

Click here for printable recipe.
In a large bowl, dice and then combine the following ingredients:

1 can Spam, diced (or ham or hot dogs)
1/3 block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
5-6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
4-5 dill pickles, diced
Mix in 3/4 cup of mayonnaise and spoon on top of open faced hamburger buns. Place on baking sheet and broil in oven until cheese is melted, no more than 5-10 min. Makes 15-18.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  August 5, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

My grandma made these once when I was a kid and I loved them. I remember they had spam, eggs, and cheese (but no pickles). I'll have to make them, although she had her ingredients chopped up more. Thanks for the recipe -- I always wondered what was in them since it was almost thirty-years ago.

Angie

Hugan August 5, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

I LOVE your website, but I gotta tell ya I'm so not feeling Spam recipes. Sorry. Just an FYI ~ keep on doing what you're doing!

teresa August 5, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

spam! can you believe i've never even tried it, but i'd be willing to!e

Anonymous,  August 7, 2010 at 12:18 AM  

Hello, I like your blog. I thought I would mention that fried spam on toast with ketchup is so yummy! I love it fried sort of crispy and I feel i get out all the "unknown ingredients out". lol

Charlotte C. December 27, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

Love Spam!!! Thanks for the recipe.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP