Italian Sausage and Peppers with Pasta

Friday, August 28, 2009

This was another one of those recipes I found snooping through my Mom's cookbook cupboard while I was in Utah. I found this one on a loose sheet tucked into the back of a cookbook and knew immediately that Glen would love the heartiness of the sausage while I liked that the heavy meat is balanced out by the healthy pasta and vegetables. The kids loved it too. I found a similar recipe on Rachel vs. the Kitchen (without the noodles) and loved her idea of adding a marinara sauce in there with it too.

The ingredients:

Click here for printable recipe.

1-1/2 lbs. Italian sausages, about 12 links
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 green peppers, cored and thinly sliced
1 red pepper, cored and thinly sliced
2 cups chopped Italian tomatoes
1 Tbs. dried Italian seasoning
1 lb. package rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained

In a large skillet, saute the sausages in oil until browned. Removed sausages from pan and cut into 1-inch pieces. Set aside. Add garlic, onions, and peppers to same skillet. Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until peppers are softened slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, seasoning, and sausages to pan. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes. Toss sausages and peppers with pasta; place in bowl. Serve hot. Makes 6 servings.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Melody August 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

My husband loves Italian sausage too. This looks like a meal that would please everyone.

Rachel August 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

I'm really starting to love Italian sausage with pasta! This looks fabulous!!!

Rachel August 28, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

By the way...isn't it fun to snoop through your Mom's cookbooks??? I do the same thing when I go for a visit! God love my Mom, but she is constantly buying cookbooks and never using them...my Dad is always giving her a hard time! I don't say much, b/c I figure that it means more cookbooks for me to look through :)

Katy ~ August 28, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

I am absolutely starving for this. I'm going to have to settle for second best and go into my kitchen and eat leftover pasta from last night's dinner. What I want is this!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP