Mommy's 20-Minute Spinach, Hot Dog, and Cream Cheese Pasta

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Most of my last-minute creative kitchen inventions are far from being blog-worthy, but after eating this  "throw-together-whatever-I-found-in-the-fridge" dish, my family actually demanded that I put it on the blog so I could recreate again another night.  While I'm used to my kids telling me their opinion on what I cook, it's not often that their opinions stretch into blogging advice.  So you won't find any ingredient or process pictures in this post and I figured I may as well take pictures of it on the paper plates we ate off of that night, but in acquiescing to my kids' demands....here it is!  With hot dogs and noodles, it's kid and husband-friendly.  With  the super quick prep-time and  all the spinach and whole-grain noodles it's also mom- friendly.  And with the Garlic and Herb cheese, it was taste bud-friendly too!    Enjoy! 
Click here for printable recipe.  


Spinach, Hot Dog, and Cream Cheese Pasta
(in case you like more traditional names)
Recipe by Lara

The ingredients:
1 pkg. (12-13-ounces) noodles (penne, rotini, macaroni, whatever you have)
1 package (16-ounces) hot dogs, chopped into bite-size pieces
2-3 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 package (5.2-ounces) garlic and herb flavored creamy cheese (we used Boursin)
3-ounces low-fat cream cheese


Directions:  Cook noodles as directed on package.  While noodles are cooking,  have the kids the chop hot dogs, while you chop the spinach.  In large skillet, heat oil and add hot dogs and spinach.   Saute for 3-4 minutes, then add drained noodles and cream cheese.  Stir until cream cheese is melted and evenly distributed.  Remove from heat and serve immediately.  Makes 6 servings.  Enjoy! 



Don't miss a single recipe, sign up for free email updates!

3 comments:

Christy,  June 23, 2011 at 5:35 PM  

That looks really good!! I'm in my first trimester and looking at food pretty much grosses me out, but this one looks amazing!!!

annalisa July 11, 2011 at 11:39 PM  

I made this the other day and really liked it! It has a good flavor and I liked eating it cold the next day too!

Instead of using the Boursin cheese I just used an 8 oz carton of flavored cream cheese (onions and chives).

R,  July 20, 2011 at 8:17 PM  

We really liked this. Everybody took seconds One had thirds. I will definitely make this again and again.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP