Merry Christmas!

Monday, December 24, 2012


Between my son's diagnosis with leukemia early this year and my husband getting laid off from his job later the same week, it's been a tough year to say the least.  However, in amongst the struggles that life brought us this year, we have also never felt so incredibly blessed.  We were comforted  by God's peace in every step of our journey and we are grateful to so many of you who brought us food, listened to us cry, and most importantly prayed for us. We felt the power of those prayers buoying us up in the darkest moments we faced.    Spencer has been in remission for 6-1/2 months now and this holiday season we are just grateful to be all together. 

May God bless you and your families with peace and love this holiday season.  Merry Christmas! 

Love,
Lara

******************************

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16

6 comments:

Margarita,  December 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM  

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

Kim December 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM  

I love that picture of your family. I am so thankful that Spencer is doing well. Merry Christmas!

Debbie December 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM  

Beautiful picture and a little late Merry Christmas to you too!!!

Lynn January 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM  

May your beautiful son continue to get better! Wishing you the very best for the new year, lots of health and wonderful family times :)

teresa January 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM  

your family is just beautiful! what a year it has been for you guys, but i'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well. God Bless!g

ipad downloads December 24, 2016 at 8:32 AM  

thanks for this helpful post for me and all.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP