Peanut Butter and Banana Streusel Muffins

Thursday, July 29, 2010


Peanut butter and banana is one of my favorite flavor combinations, so when I saw this recipe I knew that we needed to try these soon. My daughter whipped up a batch of these with all whole wheat flour and they were gobbled up in no time. The flavor was good, the texture was just right--not too moist and not too dry--and they're healthy too! Can't beat that!


Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:

STREUSEL:
3 Tbs. flour ( I used whole wheat)
3 Tbs. brown sugar
1 Tbs. butter, melted
1 tsp. honey

MUFFINS:
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup pureed ripe banana (about 1 medium banana)
1/2 cup oil (or applesauce)
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. To make the streusel: Stir together the flour, sugar, butter, and honey with a spoon until the mixture forms wet crumbs.

To make the muffins: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together the banana puree, oil, peanut butter, sugar and egg until blended. Whisk the milk and vanilla into the banana mixture just until combined.

Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture with a spoon, just until blended. Do not overmix. Spoon the batter into greased muffin cups, dividing evenly. Crumble the streusel mixture on top of each muffin, dividing evenly.

Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and test that they are done. Serve warm with fresh fruit and eggs. Makes 12 muffins. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Heidi July 29, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

These look so good! I LOVE peanut butter and banana together. YUM :)

Kim July 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

Wow wee! I'm tempted to make these right now, but I'm trying to be good! My favorite new snack is a little bit of peanut butter with a banana So I know I'd love these:)

Anonymous,  September 14, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

Yummmmm!!!! I'll definitely give your daughter's recipe a try! She came up with a good one! :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP