Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Topped Brownies

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Once upon a time a very nice friend stopped by with a plate of treats for me.  I was supposed to only be eating treats once-a-week, but once I laid my eyes on these freshly baked goodies, there was no way I was waiting and risking them getting eaten before I had a chance.  I figured that since I'm trying to cut down, that I'd only eat half of what I'd normally eat, so I cut all the pieces in half, then ate just half the plate.  Yes, I know...my willpower is admirable. 

 It wasn't very long later, that I was obsessing over how much I enjoyed my previous exercise in self-moderation with these brownies, that I decided to try and make them again (you know for more willpower practice...)  I was sure that I could easily reproduce them myself, so I just used my own brownie and cookie dough recipes.  FAIL.  They were too rich even for me.   Alas after two unsuccessful tries (both too rich), I gave up and just asked my friend Angela for her recipe, then of course had to make them one more time just to make sure I remembered how good they were.  Finally SUCCESS! Now lucky you!  You get to reap the benefits of Angela's kindness and my OCD need to perfect my willpower (and for finding a new treat worthy of posting here on Recipe Shoebox).   Enjoy!!!!


Oh yay, I love a happy ending {and a good dessert}! 
Click here for printable recipe. 


The ingredients:

1 9x13-inch pan of baked brownies  (your favorite recipe or mix--Betty Crocker dark chocolate brownie mix was good.)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions: 
Bake brownies as per directed, adding a cup of dark chocolate chips to the batter, if desired.     Mix together cookie ingredients until well-combined.  Spread over cooled brownies.  Makes 24 very evil brownies!

Enjoy! 

****************

Don't miss a single recipe, sign up (on the right) for email updates. 

2 comments:

Kim April 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM  

Wow! My daughter is obsessed with all things cookies and cream and all things cookie dough. She would love these.

R,  May 3, 2011 at 11:25 AM  

I made these for dessert Sunday, and they were a big hit. Didn't quite know how raw cookie dough (without eggs) would taste on top of cooked brownies, but they were amazing.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP