Easter Cinnabunnies

Monday, April 2, 2012

With my son in the hospital for nearly three months now, I've been away from my kitchen for far too long.  Today was the first day of Spring Break for my kids, so while my husband was taking a turn at the hospital with our son, I decided it was high time to cook up some kitchen fun with the rest of the kids!   We found these cute little "Cinnabunnies" on Pinterest and couldn't wait to give them a try.  They were easy peasy and although our bunny ears ended up looking a little more mouse-like than bunny-like, these little cuties were still great fun to make and yummy too!  Next time we'll just make them with longer, floppier ears. 

Be sure to check out our other fun Easter kids' projects:   Edible Bird's Nests and Easter Bunny Buns!


PS  My son in in his third round of chemo and so far is responding well to treatment. 

 Recipe Source:  Betty Crocker . com

                                               Click here for printable recipe. 

Posted by Lara.


The ingredients (1 batch makes about 4  bunny rolls):


1 roll (12.4-oz) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (8-pack)
Raisins/craisins (for eyes and noses)
Sliced almonds (for teeth)
Pastel sprinkles, optional

Directions: 

Place 4 cinnamon rolls onto greased cookie sheet.  
(Obviously we were making a double batch in the picture). 


Unroll the remaining four cinnamon rolls (we had to use a knife to cut along the lines to get them to unroll). 


Cut each unrolled cinnamon roll in half and form into bunny ears (next time I'll make the ears longer and more flopped to the side than we did in these pictures).  Place 2 dough ears onto each cinnamon roll, pinching the ear and the face together slightly to keep in place. 


Using 3 raisins/craisins place eyes and a nose onto each bunny face.  Finally add 2 sliced almonds for teeth. 
Bake in the oven as directed on package.   (my package said 400 degrees for 13-14 minutes). 


While still warm,  ice the ears with the enclosed icing container, then sprinkle with pastel colored sprinkles if desired.  

Makes 4 bunny rolls. 


Enjoy! 


Don't miss a single recipe on Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

Also, don't forget to "LIKE" Recipe Shoebox's new Facebook page

3 comments:

Arlene Delloro April 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM  

These are adorable (and, I'm sure, delicious). So glad to hear your son is responding well to the chemo. God bless him and your family.

K April 3, 2012 at 2:10 AM  

Nothing I like better than cinnamon rolls. I would eat them everyday if given the opportunity! Cute cinnamon rolls sound even better!

Kim April 3, 2012 at 8:09 AM  

These are beyond cute, Lara! I'm definitely going to give these a try.
I'm so glad you got to spend some time in the kitchen with the kids making something fun like this. I've been following you along here and also on your other blog. So glad that Spencer is doing well with round 3. I think of you and your family often and pray for you every night. Hang in there!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP