Mediterranean Dip

Thursday, May 14, 2009

This is one of those recipes I found in a magazine that I pretty much knew that I would love, just by looking at the ingredients.  I wasn't quite so sure what the rest of the family would think, but decided to try it anyway.   Everyone ended up enjoying it and Glen, in particular, couldn't stop raving over the perfect blend of flavors it had.  The only thing I would have done differently is to cut the tomatoes and cucumber into smaller pieces to make it a little easier to stay on the pita chip.  



The ingredients:  
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup (8-oz.) plain yogurt
1 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 tsp. ground coriander
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped 
5 pepperonicinis, sliced (I found these in a jar in the pickle/olive section of the grocery store)
1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
Pita chips or crackers

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, yogurt, oregano, coriander, pepper, and garlic powder.  Spread into a 9-inch pie plate.  Top with tomato, pepperoncinis, olives, cucumber, and parsley, and feta cheese.  Serve with pita chips.  Yields 3-1/2 cups.  

Enjoy!  

6 comments:

Deanne May 14, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Sounds great! I love Mediterranean food. I think I'll try this one soon...I already have all the ingredients on hand!

Kristen May 14, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

pepperoncinis-I've never heard of those before, I'll have to look for them. The dip does sound tasty!

Heidi May 14, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

What a beautiful looking dish! I love those recipes you look at and just know you will enjoy :)

Katy ~ May 14, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

I really like Mediterranean foods; fresh flavors, herbs, beautiful colors. Well done!

Pam May 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

I love every single ingredient used - this is my kind of dip.

Mirien May 17, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Another winner. I'm trying this soon!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP