Super Easy 30-Minute Chocolate Fudge Pie

Sunday, December 5, 2010

So your in-laws just called and said they're stopping by in an hour.  Oh no!  Stress!  The house is a mess and your kids are grumpy and they always expect food of some kind or another.  It's too late to fain illness or being out of town, so what will you do? 

I'll tell you what to do.  You pull an Amelia Bedelia trick that's what.  You'll whip together this super quick and easy pie (only 5 minutes if you have a pre-made crust), pop it into the oven and when they walk in the door you start feeding them.  They'll be so busy drooling and oohing over this deliciously rich and creamy pie that they won't even notice the unfolded laundry in the corner and they'll be praising your name for days.  If the kids so happen to start screaming during all that,  you just throw them some their way as well.  It's a fool-proof solution....until the pie runs out. 

(Serve your pie warm and it will look like this picture--set-up, but still a tiny bit oozy.  Wait a half-hour or so and it will be just as creamy and delicious, but a little firmer.  It's your preference.)  


Thanks to my friend Linda for an awesome recipe! 


The ingredients: 

2 squares (1-ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 9-inch unbaked pie crust

Directions:  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heavy saucepan over low heat. 

Remove the pan from the heat and add the sugar,


then the eggs and vanilla; beat well. 

Pour the filling into the pie crust

and bake for 25 minutes or until just set.  (It looks like brownies at this point, but no worries....these ain't no brownies on the inside.) 

Serve warm or cold, with ice cream or whipped cream.  Enjoy! 

(Rich and creamy--warm or cold, this is delicious!)

*********
Don't forget to grab my button...


Recipe Shoebox


5 comments:

teresa December 5, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

excellent, no one would know it was a last minute pie, it looks delicious!

Kim December 5, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

I think it sounds like your in-laws might be some pretty lucky folks! I'm loving the looks of this pie when it's served both warm and cold. Naturally I'd have to test it both ways, just to be sure which way was my favorite :)

You can tell this is a keeper recipe!

Holly June 5, 2011 at 7:40 PM  

We made this tonight. Yummy. Thanks for posting.

Clarinda November 13, 2011 at 4:44 PM  

This looks great! I'm going to try it out on my family tonight.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP