Menu 12/20 - 12/26 (Christmas Week Menu)

Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm posting this menu for my own sanity, so I don't get lost in the preparations for Christmas this week.  The meals are all among my most quick and easy (except the Thai Potato Curry).  I'm especially excited about my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menus.  We decided to go low-stress for Christmas Eve this year and go out to dinner, then on Christmas morning we'll have my favorite egg casserole (assembled the night before) and cinnamon twists (dough made the night before).  I'll post the recipe for both later today! 

We're also going to do our Christmas in Bethlehem dinner again on Christmas day (recipes posted tomorrow).  I  love the simplicity and the meaningfulness behind this meal and I love how it helps us to focus on the real reason why we celebrate Christmas. 


Monday--Penne Pasta with Gorgonzola and Chicken ( a prize winning recipe)


Tuesday--Easy Taco Salad

Wednesday--Thai Chicken and Potato Curry

Thursday--Super Fast Chicken Tortilla Soup










Friday (Christmas Eve)-- Dinner:  Out to eat with family (we're going low stress this year)

Saturday
(Christmas Day)--
Breakfast:  Cinnamon Twists
Egg, Mozzarella, Sundried Tomato, and Sausage Casserole 
Dinner:  Christmas in Bethlehem --we did this last year and loved the simplicity and meaningfulness of this  (click on link to see recipes and more pictures)  Lentil Soup, Flat Bread, Greek Salad, Hummus, Falafel, Baklava  


Sunday--Roast with Mashed Potatoes (since we didn't do meat and potatoes on Christmas) 


Have a wonderful week of Christmas celebrations!


**********

Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!

And don't forget to check back here for a new goody recipe every day in December! 






3 comments:

SnoWhite December 20, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

I'm looking forward to the cinnamon twists :)

You taco salad is also making me hungry -- I'll have to dig out our recipe for that to enjoy in the coming weeks!

Unknown December 20, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

On a cold winter night Soup does hit the spot.
Have a terrific Christmas!
Please stop by and enter my $30 IHOP gift card giveaway.

Julie December 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

I love your recipes! I can't find the Christmas in Bethlehem recipes- did you post them somewhere else? (I guess maybe in all the rush you may have decided to not post them.)

Sounds like a great tradition!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP