Sloppy Joe Pizza

Sunday, July 18, 2010

After a week at the beach and a week with visitors, I am a little lost on my cooking/posting. This is one of the few recipes I've tried in the last month that is worth posting. It was super fast and easy and it was gobbled up by the kids (and adults). Now if I could just find a few more of these keeper recipes ....

Click here for printable recipe.



The ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 medium onion, diced
1 can (16-oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1+ cup favorite BBQ sauce (add until you get to your sauciness level--I used about 1-1/4 cups)
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 (12-inch) prebaked pizza crust
1-1/2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese

Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In large skillet, brown meat and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in corn, BBQ sauce, green onions, and heat through.

Spoon beef mixture over prebaked crust on baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese on top.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Makes 6-8 servings. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Karey July 18, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Sorry about the not posting, Lara! I'm so not in new recipe mode recently! We're in summer survival mode :)

Cyndy Bush July 19, 2010 at 2:15 AM  

Anything with 2 types of onions is right up my alley! This sounds YUM.

Mandy July 19, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

Wow, I'm looking at this recipe at 8 a.m. with coffee in hand and now I'm ready for this pizza and a cold beer instead. You make it look so delicious and easy! What a great idea - I can't believe I've never thought to do a sloppy joe pizza instead of just on a sandwich. Thank you for sharing this. I really love your blog! Tons of great recipes and it's organized so well!

www.mandylifeafter30.com

Unknown July 19, 2010 at 3:40 PM  

My family is going to love this recipe! I am so glad I found your blog!

Kathleen July 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

What a really yummy pizza!

FoodontheTable July 21, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

This looks awesome! What a great spin on the traditional sloppy joe. I hope you'll come link up to No Whine Wednesday!

http://blog.foodonthetable.com/2010/07/no-whine-wednesday-brussel-sprouts/

Anonymous,  July 21, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

This looks like a great alternative to our Friday night Pizza!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP