Thai Beef Stir Fry

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When I cooked this recipe up for my family, my little one asked me why the chicken was so dark. Hehe. Apparently I don't make beef enough for them. The kids loved this meal and Glen was completely gaga over it and was asking me to make it for him just a couple nights later. This is definitely going into the keeper file!

The ingredients: 2 Tbs. cornstarch
3/4 cup water

3 Tbs. peanut butter
4 Tbs. soy sauce (divided)
1-1/2 lbs. boneless beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
1-1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. pepper

2 Tbs. olive oil

1 EACH medium green, sweet red, and yellow pepper julienned

1 can (8-oz.) bamboo shoots, drained

1/2 cup julienned carrot

1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

Hot cooked rice


In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in peanut butter and 3 tablespoons soy sauce; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the beef, garlic, pepper (the spice), and remaining soy sauce in oil on medium heat until meat is no longer pink; remove beef from pan, leaving the juices behind.

Add the peppers, bamboo shoots, carrot and pepper flakes to the juices; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until tender.
Stir cornstarch mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Return beef mixture to the pan. Serve with rice. Makes 6 servings.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Spryte March 3, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

That looks YUMMY!! I bet Jon & Tawny would LOVE this too!

Donna-FFW March 3, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

Lara- This sounds delicious. I love the flavors. Funny comment about the chicken. My 2nd daughter called everything chicken including steak and meatloaf for years. Sometimes she still does, she's 10.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP