Our Family's Favorite Main Dishes of All-Time

Thursday, December 30, 2010

After polling my family, I've come up with the following list of our Most  Favorite Meals of All-Time (in no particular order): 

Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach--We love garlic and we love pasta, so this one is one we all enjoy.



BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Sandwiches--my family adores these easy sandwiches!

Baked Chicken and Bean Taquitos--this super easy Mexican meal has quickly become one of our favorite go-to meals.  We love these dipped in ranch dressing!

Potato Soup--Thick and comforting, this hearty potato soup is time and time again one of the meals I turn to, when I want to please everyone in the family.  We love it served either in bread bowls or with fresh hot bread on the side.  


Potato Kielbasa Skillet--This manly man's meal is easy to make and is tasty and filling as well!



Chicken Pasta Salad--Chock full of vegetables and hearty pasta, I have two of my kids who claim it as their favorite food and beg me to make it all year long. 


Thai Chicken Pasta--One of my husband's very favorite meals and the rest of the family loves it too.  Once again, it's quick to come together, so it's great for a weeknight! 



Chicken Crescents Makeover--I've been making this oldie, but goody now for 15+ years and my family loves my revamped healthier version just as much now as they did back then.  This one also freezes well and makes for a great lunchbox food.


Navajo Tacos-(with new, updated photos and recipe)-Quick, easy, and different--my family cheers when this is on the menu.



Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken and Pasta--I often bring this meal over to people who've just had a baby, as it's flavorful yet mild.  My daughter begs me weekly to add this to the menu!  

Chicken Pot Pie--This one is pure old-fashioned comfort food at its best.  The seasonings are just perfect, the crust so flaky,  and we've had someone tell us that it's the best chicken pot pie they've ever had.


Cafe Rio Taco Salad--I don't make this as often as my family wishes I would, but this is hands-down one of our favorite meals of all time. 


BBQ Chicken Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing--Full of pulled BBQ chicken topped with  a mild cilantro-ranch dressing, this is a healthy summer favorite of our family. 

White Chicken Pizza with Caramelized Onions--We have pizza every Friday night in our family, and we love this fun variation on the tomato sauce and cheese version. 



Chicken Tortilla Soup
--I've had making this healthy, yet quick and easy meal for over a decade now  and it's still among our favorite go-to meals for crazy nights. 

9 comments:

ann December 30, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

They all look delicious. I want to make the Thai Chicken Pasta and the Taco Salad - right away!

Arlene Delloro December 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

Your family may just consume as much chicken as we do, lol. And, we agree on the goodness of pasta as well. I have to try those Navajo tacos.

Melody December 30, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

Love this post! I need some great quick "go to " meals. These look delicious!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life January 2, 2011 at 9:21 PM  

I love it when I see the words, "family" and "favorites" and when they are together I read every word. I'v copied all the recieps to try in the next couple of months. So glad they are most of them with chicken. Thanks for your wondeful blog and for being so generous.

Unknown January 8, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

Holy Hannah..I need to try some of these. You are a rockin mom to make such great food!
Found you on MMB.

ailinh January 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

oh my word. they all look delish! drooolin..

Hilary January 10, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

OMG.
Those look SO good. I NEED to try some!
BOOKMARKED.

Anne January 10, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

Yum! Thanks for the recipes : )
(from MMB)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP