Broccoli-Pomegranate Salad

Monday, January 27, 2014

This was one of those  recipes that is brought to you today by serendipity.  I was signed up to bring a salad to a party at Christmas time and decided on broccoli salad.  I had combined a couple of standard broccoli salad recipes I found online and right when I was about to throw in the Craisins, I caught sight of the pomegranate sitting on my counter and thought, "Why not try those instead?"   It turned out to be a delicious substitution!  The pomegranate seeds gave the salad a jolt of sweet juiciness that made the whole thing more festive and more memorable.  I got compliments on it all night long and had the huge double batch I brought gobbled up before the night was even half over--    even the kids were fans! 
Click here for printable recipe.

Posted by Lara


The ingredients:

SALAD


5 cups fresh broccoli, finely chopped
1/2  cup red onion, finely diced
the seeds of 1/2 pomegranate
3/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled

DRESSING


1 cup real mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbs. vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Directions:

Combine broccoli, onion, pomegranate seeds, and dressing.

 Just before serving, stir in sunflower seeds, cheddar cheese, and bacon. 



Enjoy!

5 comments:

Katie January 27, 2014 at 10:11 AM  

That looks wonderfully refreshing. Thank you for sharing!!

Chloe Pollacco February 20, 2014 at 7:34 PM  

Love the combination! Looks so good! Thanks for sharing, I am now a follower! :D

Melanie @ Happy Being Healthy February 27, 2014 at 4:23 PM  

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Broccoli Salad and I LOVE that you added pomegranate to it. Amazing!

Linda November 5, 2014 at 5:07 AM  

Ohh.. It's looking very different and tasty + healthy recipe ....!!





cooking classes los angeles

Unknown April 21, 2017 at 1:17 AM  

It’s amazing in support of me to truly have a web site that is valuable meant for my knowledge.

http://cookerportal.com/

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP