Confetti Cornbread

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Life is getting busy around here, but I was excited to post this fun new cornbread recipe I found.  We loved all the flavor and bright colors and thought it would go perfectly with a Mexican themed Christmas Eve dinner. 


 Click here for printable recipe


Confetti Cornbread
from Mom

The ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
3 Tbsp. sugar
1-1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
1 cup finely diced mixed peppers (I used 3/4 cup diced peppers and 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400° and grease an 8 or 9 inch square pan. Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the milk, butter, and egg together. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and gently stir until the batter is evenly moistened. Add the peppers and stir to combine.

Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cornbread comes out dry. Cool 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Lara December 22, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

I can't believe I never thought of adding peppers to cornbread. Sounds great Mom!

Anonymous,  December 22, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Looks wonderful!!!

annalisa December 23, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

this looks really good! i like the idea of chili powder in the corn bread.

Katy ~ December 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Chopped jalapenos are nice, too. Mexican cornbread is GOOD!

annalisa December 28, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

we made this last night and it was so good! it was eaten up very quickly! i really liked the flavor and it went well with the chili we made.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP