Roasted Cauliflower

Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm normally not a big cauliflower fan, but roasted up like this--  I can't get enough.  Even my veggie wary husband will eat this up without complaint, if that says anything.  
Click here for printable recipe. 
 
Roasted Cauliflower
by Mom

The ingredients:
5 to 6 cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces (the smaller the better)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. sliced garlic
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbs. freshly grated Parmesan cheese

In a large bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.  Add cauliflower and stir well. Pour cauliflower mixture evenly over large baking sheet and bake at 500° (that's not a misprint) for 10-15 minutes (or until light golden brown), stirring occasionally.  Serve warm with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

Lara December 7, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

Thanks for posting Mom! I've been a little scared off about preparing cauliflower for my kids, but I'll have to give this a try sometime soon. I mean if Dad will actually eat it, it's gotta be good. :)

Trisha December 7, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Yum... this looked so good that Aaron went out to get the ingredients! It will be a perfect side to our meal tonight! I'll let you know how it goes!

Kelly - Two Kids Cooking December 7, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

Roasted is my favorite way to make cauliflower, so tasty. My kids like it that way too. I usually just use olive oil, salt and better...this recipe looks even tastier. I'll have to try it next time...

Thanks!

Trisha December 7, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Well, we had this tonight and everyone loved it (in case anyone doesn't know me, I have five kids under the age of 8, so that says a lot)! Yummy. Jakey even asked for a few helpings of 'flowers please'.

Kim December 7, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

I love roasted cauliflower, but never thought of adding garlic or parmesan. Great recipe!

Katy ~ December 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

Oh boy, this sounds good. I love roasted veggies, but haven't roasted cauliflower. I can just imagine all the nice deep flavors topped off with parm. Big YUM

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP