Menu 8/2-8/8

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Two of my kids have just informed me that they want to try to eat a vegetarian diet for the month of August.  While I don't feel like meat is a huge part of our diet anyway, I'm feeling a little intimidated  by their new resolution.   In an effort to make sure that they don't end up eating PB & J's every night for dinner, I'm trying to dust off some of my vegetarian recipes (or ones that can easily be adapted to be meatless).   Here's my first week's effort: 

Monday--Honey-Lime Enchiladas(bringing dinner to a friend--the new vegetarians will have to eat leftovers)


Cheesy Cornbread


White Chip Chocolate Cookies



Tuesday--Zucchini Soup  


Wednesday--
Pasta Con Ceci
Blitz Bread



Thursday--Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach (I'll make theirs without the chicken)
  Friday--Tex-Mex Pizza Loaf (new recipe--they're on their own for this night)


Saturday--Spicy Corn and Sweet Potato Chowder (new vegetarian recipe)

Sunday--Chicken Pasta Salad (a family favorite--I'll make their portions without the chicken)

Oatmeal Cake




Go check Organizing Junkie for lots more Menu Plans!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Elizabeth August 2, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

I just found your blog today and I'm really excited!! I follow now.

Anonymous,  August 2, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

Sounds good to me! Just wish my son and husband weren't so picky. I'm slowly going thru all your recipes =)
from http://mydailyclutter.blogspot.com

FoodontheTable August 2, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

That blitz bread looks amazing! I can't wait to try this.

Kim August 2, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

Looks like a tasty meal plan. Kudos to the kiddos for trying to go meatless.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP