Easy No-Bake Cheesecake

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 2 of Cheesecake Week at Recipe Shoebox brings us this super easy no-bake cheesecake.  This old classic has been in our family for years and still it brings rave reviews whenever we serve it.  It's especially perfect for these hot summer days of late, since its preparation is completely heat free (if you buy a pre-made crust) and takes a mere 5 minutes of your time.  To make it an even quicker process, we have even been known to stick the finished cheesecake into freezer to help it set up even faster, although speaking from personal experience it still tastes pretty darn good if it's not set up yet.  :) Enjoy! 

Don't forget to come back to the Recipe Shoebox each day this week for a new cheesecake recipe and later this week they'll be a cheesecake link-up party in honor of National Cheesecake Day on July 30.    
Click here for printable recipe

The ingredients: (I recommend that you double the filling ingredients if you use a larger pie crust like I did or if you want the pan to be heaping with yummy cheesecake goodness)


1 pkg. (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar (or small package [3.4-ounces] of instant pudding mix)
1 Tbs. lemon juice (omit if using pudding mix instead of sugar)
1 container (8-ounces) Cool Whip
1 (6-ounce) prepared graham cracker crust 
Desired toppings:  pie filling, additional Cool Whip, cookie or graham cracker crumbs, chocolate syrup for drizzling

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar (or pudding mix), and lemon juice (if using) until smooth and lump free.    Mix in Cool Whip just until thick, creamy, and combined. 

Pour immediately into prepared graham cracker crust.  Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or if you're in a hurry, stick in the freezer for  1-2 hours) or until set.  Serve cold with desired toppings.  Blueberry pie filling is our favorite topping. 

Makes 6-8 servings.  Enjoy! 

For chocolate variation:  Substitute the sugar with a package (3.4-ounces) of instant chocolate pudding and proceed the same as above.  Top with additional Cool Whip, Oreo cookies,  and crumbs if desired. 

Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox--sign up for free email updates on the right.  



7 comments:

Kim July 26, 2011 at 3:20 PM  

I'm pretty sure my 10 year old daughter would flip for the chocolate version and the best part is that she could pretty much make it herself. Delicious!

Arlene Delloro July 26, 2011 at 7:16 PM  

Sometimes simple is best. If I weren't paying the piper for overindulging last week, I'd whip one up right now. I'm bookmarking this.

Sashquatch July 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

My mums favourite thing in the world is no bake lemon cheesecake, so im thinking i could earn some serious brownie points if i give this recipe a whirl! Looks really delicious :)

Heather July 27, 2011 at 4:19 PM  

I'm ready for easy and quick recipes! I've been spending too much time in the kitchen lately and this looks delicious. That photo at the beginning of your post made me want to go out and make it right now!

Heather July 27, 2011 at 4:20 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
K July 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

This is one of my favorite cheesecake recipes and it's so darn easy! Yummy!

Katy ~ August 6, 2011 at 1:40 PM  

I have never made a no bake cheesecake. This is a save; I must try this. Looks FAB!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP