Lion House Cornbread Recipe

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Glen's been making this hearty, moist corn bread for us for the last decade or so and it's easy enough to make that Spence and Cami have taken over the job now. Whenever we're searching for a quick, easy side to go with a Mexican dish this is the recipe that more often than not is the one we turn to!
Click here for printable recipe.



The ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
4 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can (1 lb.) cream-style corn
2 Tbs. oil
3/4 cup grated cheese
1 can (4-oz.) green chilies (optional)
Cooked, crumbled bacon (optional)


Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. Beat eggs until light. Add sour cream, corn (do NOT drain), and oil. Stir in dry ingredients and beat well. Stir in grated cheese and if desired, green chilies and crumbled bacon just until combined.

Pour into well-greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes. Serves 10-12. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Trisha December 15, 2008 at 12:28 AM  

This is very similar to my recipe except I also add cooked bacon and green chili to the batter!! :-)

Katy ~ March 25, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

Gosh does this sound good. I was just wishing for a fab cornbread recipe for dinner the other night. Well, now I'll have one for the future!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP