Chicken Parmesan in the Slow Cooker

Thursday, March 10, 2011

So I may be the last person in the world to try this awesome crockpot recipe, but since I barely got my first crockpot at Christmas, I hope you’ll give me a little slack for getting so excited about it.   I found this recipe at  Baking and Creating with Avril  and I’m still in awe that you can cook something cheesy for hours and hours and not have it burn and get crunchy.     Once again, my family totally loved this little treasure and I loved how completely easy it made the dinner rush!  Thanks Avril!  


Click here for printable recipe.

The ingredients:

2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I cut mine into strips, to make them into more reasonable serving sizes for the kids)
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 egg, beaten
4-6 slices mozzarella cheese
1 jar (28-ounces) favorite marinara sauce

Directions:
Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom of the crockpot stoneware.
In a medium bowl, beat egg.  In second medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs, spices, and grated Parmesan cheese all together.

Dip chicken in beaten egg and then toss into bread crumb mixture to coat completely on both sides.  Place chicken breasts on bottom of crockpot.  Place a layer of mozzarella slices on top of breaded chicken breasts.  Cover cheese layered chicken with entire jar of sauce.

Place lid of crockpot securely on and turn heat to LOW for 6-7 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. 

Serve over cooked pasta of your choice. 

Enjoy! 

Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

18 comments:

Katie March 10, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

I took our crock pot to Unique a couple of months ago and keep meaning to buy a new one. This is just the motivation I needed!

ann@Apples and Twinkies March 10, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

Wow, where have I been? I never made Chicken Parm in the crockpot and we're chicken parm freaks. Thanks for the heads up. Love this!

teresa March 10, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

mercy mercy me, i have got to try this!

Sharon April 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM  

Thank you for your recipe! It's in my slow cooker right now for tonight's dinner, and my house smells GOOD! :) It's my 1st time preparing chicken parmesan in the crock pot.

Kim April 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM  

Made this tonight for dinner. It was delicious!! Once again you have saved me come dinner time!!!

Table4Five June 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM  

What brand of sauce do you usually use? I'd love to make this!

Lara June 20, 2011 at 1:58 PM  

My favorite brand of jarred spaghetti sauce is Ragu Chunky Gardenstyle Roasted Red Pepper, but when I made this for the blog I used the Trader Joe Marinara sauce. I think whatever your family would normally like on their spaghetti would be perfect!

jolene June 23, 2011 at 8:24 AM  

hi there, first time here. and i am not a very experienced cook, so this might be a silly question. but what is the serving size?

Lara June 23, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

Hi Jolene,
This is totally a guess, but my guess is that the little kids end up with about 1/3 chicken breast each plus 1/2 cup noodles + sauce. For the teens and adults it's closer to 3/4 chicken breast each + 1 cup pasta and sauce. Hope this helps.

The Freedlets,  September 6, 2011 at 7:16 PM  

This is my husband's favorite dish. I N-E-V-E-R make it because it visually makes me gag. A thick layer of cheese on top swimming in red sauce is just not my idea of dinner. This looks more appealing and I will give it a try!

Brian @ PWYJudges December 27, 2011 at 11:12 AM  

Made this for Christmas Eve dinner (for those who weren't fans of veal) and it was a huge hit! Thanks so much for posting the recipe!

Maureen S,  January 22, 2012 at 5:39 PM  

What a great recipe - unfortunately part if mine was burnt. Any idea why that might have happened? All the other parts were delicious!

Mirien November 19, 2012 at 3:16 AM  

So glad you posted this months ago. We love it! I made it today for a crowd, and I just stacked the chicken in the crockpot with cheese and sauce between each layer. I had three layers of chicken and it turned out great! Such an easy way to feed a group. Just thought I'd let you know you can pack your slow cooker full with this recipe!

Rebekah January 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM  

YUMM! Saving this one! :)

Anonymous,  May 18, 2017 at 1:42 AM  

Sound Dinners Save You Money
So you've chosen that fast food healthy dinner recipes isn't the approach. Shouldn't something be said about a semi-formal eatery? The nourishment looks mouth-watering great! At just $12 a feast, you can have enough to fulfill you for quite a long time. They serve steak, potatoes, pastas... what's more, the sweets are amazing! When you take a gander at their awesome supper menu you might need to consider what all the sugar, cholesterol and fat will do to your body.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP