Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup

Friday, March 11, 2011

  I don’t really have much to say about this tasty pancake recipe I found over at See Jane in the Kitchen, other than they were awesomely good and I plan on making them often. 

Bananas + Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Out-of-this-World Pancake Goodness.


Click here for printable recipe.  

The ingredients:

PANCAKES
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used white whole wheat)
3 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. oil
1 large egg
2 small to medium size  ripe bananas
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips tossed with 2 teaspoons flour

SYRUP
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions:
  For pancakes, In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk, vanilla, oil, and egg.  Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just combined (do not overmix).  Mash bananas with a fork and fold in mashed bananas and chocolate chips.  (Tossing the chocolate chips with the flour will prevent them from all sinking to the bottom of the bowl.  Heat skillet to medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray or butter.  Add pancake batter by the 1/4 cupfuls.  When batter bubbles, flip pancake and cook the other side.



For syrup, in a small microwaveable bowl, combine peanut butter and maple syrup.  Microwave on high for 1 minute.  Stir to combine.  Serve over hot pancakes. 

Enjoy! 

8 comments:

Katie March 11, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

Mmmmm, I've been meaning to try these! (And I'm so glad you found another excuse to exercise your pancake photography talent!)

Quirky Jessi March 11, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

The peanut butter syrup idea has me drooling. I'll probably regret admitting this, but when I was little, my mom and I used to enjoy just a bowl of peanut butter with syrup. I haven't had it since I was a kid and the idea kind grosses me out sometimes even, but seeing it in different proportions and as a topping to something sounds delicious.

www.frejay-design.blogspot.com March 11, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

I found your blog today

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the good pictures
great instructions.

I will take it to my blog, love it.

hugs Jutta

ann@Apples and Twinkies March 11, 2011 at 10:42 PM  

Oooh, these got me hungry. I love the combination of flavors. Where do you find the time for all this with all your children? Really impressive.

Kristen March 12, 2011 at 7:21 AM  

I can only imagine how fantastic these are and how much my boys would love them - must try!

teresa March 12, 2011 at 7:40 PM  

oh my gosh, i should not blog surf when it's nighttime and i'm hungry. these look amazing!

Kim March 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

Oh my gosh Lara! I have to have these!! I love everything about them, especially that maple syrup/peanut butter topping. Wow!

Kristen February 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM  

I finally got around to trying these tonight - they were so good! My kids loved them. Yum!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP