Baked Chicken and Bean Taquitos

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

 This was one of those recipes I came up with on a crazy day when I was out of a couple ingredients and couldn't make what I had planned on my menu.  They were a total cinch to throw together and since they are baked in the oven, they're healthy too!  The kids and the adults devoured these crispy flavorful Mexican taquitos and especially loved them dipped in salsa or ranch dressing.  Enjoy! 

Click here for printable recipe.  

The ingredients:
1 can (16-ounces) fat-free refried beans
1 cup favorite salsa
1 can (12-ounce) chicken, shredded (or 1 lb. shredded chicken)
16 flour tortillas (8-inch)
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or pepper jack)
olive oil
desired dipping sauces:  ranch dressing (our favorite), salsa, guacamole

Directions
In a medium size bowl, mix together refried beans, salsa, and chicken.  Mix well.  Spoon by 1/4 cupfuls into tortillas.  (NOTE: If needed, you can heat the tortillas in microwave for 10-20 seconds to make them more pliable).  Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese and roll tightly.   (We used cheddar cheese for the kids' taquitos and pepper jack for the adults')

Place 1-inch apart on greased baking sheet (make sure the taquitos are not touching each other).  Brush tops with olive oil and bake in a 450 degree oven for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.  Serve immediately with salsa, guacamole, or ranch dressing as a dip.  Makes 16 taquitos.

Enjoy! 


Don't miss a single recipe, sign up (on the right) for free email updates. 

******************

4 comments:

Katie May 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM  

Oh, these sound absolutely delicious. We love anything Mexican around here!

Kim May 10, 2011 at 9:01 PM  

I have to keep this in mind for those days when I'm short on ingredients. Seems like as long as you have tortillas on hand you will be able to fill them with whatever is on hand. They look great!

Jen June 22, 2011 at 3:45 PM  

Just made these for dinner last night. They were a huge hit with my 2 and 4 year old daughters. My husband and I enjoyed them as well. We will make these again!

K March 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM  

Everyone in my family loves these, which means they get an A++ from me. (o:

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP