Cinnamon Churro Chocolate Chex Mix

Monday, May 14, 2012

I have always loved muddy buddies, so when I saw this twist, I had to try it!  The original recipe calls for cinnamon chips, but since I couldn't find those anywhere, I just used semi-sweet chocolate chips.  It was delicious!  I loved the combination of chocolate and cinnamon.


Click here for printable recipe.

By Katie

The Ingredients:

9 cups Chex cereal
3 cups chocolate chips 
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
Measure out chex into large bowl.


In separate microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate chips.  Heat for 1 minute, stir.

Continue to heat at 30 second increments until chocolate is melted and smooth.

Pour chocolate over chex and stir until evenly coated.
Mix together sugars and cinnamon.

Pour over chex/chocolate mixture and stir until well coated.

Spread evenly over baking sheet and let sit until chocolate has hardened. Or just eat now and enjoy the messiness :)

Enjoy!

***********************

Want to see links to your favorite recipes from Recipe Shoebox in your Facebook feed?  Be sure to "LIKE" our Facebook page!   


2 comments:

K May 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM  

Looks really tasty and easy! That's my kind of dessert!

SnoWhite May 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM  

I love that this doesn't use peanut butter!!! Yum.

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP