Chewy Brownie Double Chocolate Cookies

Monday, May 7, 2012

 I have a hard time deciding which I like more-- a fresh, hot cookie straight from the oven or little snitches of the dough before they're done.  With these chocolatey cookies it won't matter, since both the dough and  finished product were amazing!   They have a soft yet chewy texture that is reminiscent of a brownie and with double chocolate, they're sure to satisfy any chocolate hankerings as well! 

For those of you wondering about my son with leukemia, I thought I'd give a little update here as well.  We had been worried that he was going to spend his 17th birthday in the hospital, but the timing between his rounds turned out just perfectly and he got to be home for his birthday.  Although that was birthday gift enough for him, he also was showered with cards from all over the country (and world), which turned out to be a fun gift for him as well.  He is back in the hospital now for his fourth and hopefully last round of chemo. 


Click here for printable recipe. 

Posted by Lara.

The ingredients:


2/3 cup shortening (Crisco)
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
1 Tbs. water
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 package (12-ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Cream shortening, brown sugar, water, and vanilla together.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda; mix just until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips. 

Bake 7-9 minutes on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes. 

The tops of the cookies should still look slightly moist when done. 

Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. 

Make 24-30 medium size cookies perfect for dipping into a big glass of milk. 

Enjoy! 

***********************

Want to see links to your favorite recipes from Recipe Shoebox in your Facebook feed?  Be sure to "LIKE" our Facebook page!   


4 comments:

Kim May 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM  

Lara - I am thinking of you and your family. Always sending prayers your way. So glad you found some time to bake these gorgeous cookies. They look like the perfect treat!

Katie May 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM  

These look so good! I am going to go make them right now!

Anonymous,  May 14, 2012 at 5:51 PM  

Lara, so glad your son got to be home for his birthday, and I pray for his continued health and successful chemo.
As for the cookies, I love all the chocolate. Like you, its hard to keep my fingers out of the dough too.

Lynda May 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM  

Oh no, I hit the wrong button.That is my comment above Lara. :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP