Super Easy Mini-Cheesecakes

Saturday, July 28, 2012

If you've ever craved cheesecake or needed to make a last-minute dessert for a party and didn't want to go through the all-day process that most cheesecakes take, then this recipe is for you!    They take literally 5-minutes to throw together and bake for about 20-minutes in a cupcake pan.  Let them cool for a little while and they're ready to go in under an hour!  They're so easy, I let the kids make them completely themselves.    In addition to being a perfect weeknight dessert, I also love that they're perfectly portioned so I don't end up eating half the pan myself.  :)  My family adores these fun little treats and they also make for a great party finger food! 
Remember July 30th is National Cheesecake Day, so be sure to check out all of the cheesecake recipes we have here on Recipe Shoebox.
Click here for printable recipe.

Posted by Lara.

The ingredients:


2 pkg. (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened 
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbs. lemon juice (optional)
12 vanilla wafers
paper cupcake liners
your favorite pie filling (or for turtle cheesecake variety:   pecan halves, chocolate syrup, and caramel ice cream topping)


Directions: 
Beat the cream cheese until smooth.  Add the sugar, eggs, and lemon juice to the cream cheese and beat until creamy.  Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cupcake paper in a muffin pan. 

Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of cookies about 3/4 full.

Makes 12 mini cheesecakes.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Cool* and top with about a tablespoonful of pie filling. 
*NOTE:  The centers of the mini cheesecakes will sink as they cool.  It makes a perfect little indentation to hold the pie filling in place. 
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Enjoy!

TURTLE CHEESECAKE VARIETY:  Instead of topping with pie filling, add a pecan half,  a drizzle of caramel, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup!  YUM! 

*****************************

Want to see links to your favorite recipes from Recipe Shoebox in your Facebook feed?  Be sure to "LIKE" our Facebook page!   


1 comments:

Mirien July 31, 2012 at 11:45 AM  

I made these last night for FHE treats. Thanks so much for alerting me about National Cheesecake Day! It would have been such a shame not to celebrate. I did not want to go to the store for Nilla Wafers, so I dug out a roll of chocolate cookie dough that has been in my freezer since May when I first made it for ice cream sandwiches. I sliced the dough into thin rounds, put them into the cupcake liners, and poured the filling over the raw dough and baked for 25 minutes. Oh, and I added chocolate chips to the batter, and reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. They turned out even better than I had hoped! The middles didn't even sink, which was great since I wasn't using pie filling.

Thanks for your cheesecake inspiration! I've pinned a couple recipes for the future...

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP