Cooking with Kids: Rice Cake Jack-o-Lanterns

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Any of you who have been following along on my cooking adventures very long, know that I love cooking with my kids.  This super simple project doesn't actually entail any cooking, so it's great for group projects.  Just have the topping made in advance and let the kids go to town creating their little jack-o-lantern faces!   I did it with both a kindergarten and a preschool group and they both loved it.  Although it was little work for me, I still got the honor of being the fun mom!  Enjoy!  
(To see some of my other Cooking with Kids projects, click here.)


Click here for printable recipe. 

The ingredients:

PUMPKIN TOPPING (makes a great dip):
1/2 cup pumpkin
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 - 1 tsp. ground nutmeg

FACE: 
rice cakes (any flavor)
candy corn (for eyes and nose)
raisins (for mouth)
pretzel bites (for stem)

FOR TOPPING:  Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth.

TO ASSEMBLE:  Spread topping over each rice cake.  Create the faces using candy corn, raisins, and pretzel bites.  Have fun and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP