Favorite Halloween Treats for Kids

Monday, October 25, 2010

For some reason, autumn gets me excited to find fun projects to try with my kids.  I love the time we spend cooking together and I love the confidence they gain from performing cooking tasks by themselves--spreading the frosting, adding ingredients, decorating, etc.  I really feel like the kitchen is a great place to develop a child's sense of independence in a safe way (with Mom by their side).     This post is a compilation of some of my favorite Halloween treats that we've created together over the last couple of years.   Happy cooking!    (By the way, don't mind the imperfect pictures.  These are all 100% kid decorated!) 


 




5 comments:

Kim October 25, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

It's so fun to cook with the kids and see how excited they get when they create something. There are so many fun Halloween recipes too. Looks like you and the kids have been having lots of fun. I missed the post with your decorated rice cakes. This is a great idea for my son who is allergic to wheat. He loves rice cakes and would love decorating them. Looking forward to the owl cupcakes.

Julie October 25, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

So much cuteness, I especially love the mice and owls :)

SnoWhite October 26, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

those owls are adorable... I'd have to carefully figure out how to make them without peanut butter though...!

As for your thought about the link up... I've considered it too! Let me do some more thinking on it... making sure I can manage starting that up right now :)

Holly October 27, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

Cuuuute!! I love having my kids in the kitchen with me too!

Anonymous,  October 31, 2011 at 2:35 PM  

Thanks for A LOT of fun recipes!! I am definitely doing the mummy dogs :)

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP