Centipede Hotdogs

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The idea behind this is pretty cool.  The first time I saw it on the internet I wondered how they did it.  Then I discovered that it is the easiest thing ever to feed your kids.  My boys thought it was pretty weird (but a cool weird).  While it is a fun idea, personally I didn't think it tasted that great, but kids like it.    (Plus I absolutely HATE centipedes which made it even more cool for my boys.) 

Don't forget to check out this post for a compilation of all of our favorite fun Halloween ideas in one place!
Click here for printable recipe.


Post by: Jen
Ingredients:

Uncooked spaghetti noodles
Hotdogs
Spaghetti sauce

Directions:
For a centipede, break your spaghetti noodles in half and then thread as many as you can through the middle of the hotdog. You can easily let your kids help with this!

 For a little octopus, cut the hotdogs into bite size piece, and then thread 3-4 noodles through the middle.

 Meanwhile, boil some water.  Drop the hotdogs into the boiling water and boil until the spaghetti is cooked.
 For the octopus, you could even dye the water green or blue.  It might color the spaghetti.  I didn't think about it at the time.
  
 But I did mix some with a Pesto sauce to make it kind of green. (And make it taste better for me.)

Cook some other spaghetti and then add spaghetti sauce and serve your centipedes to your children.  
The whole idea kind of grossed me out, but the kids liked it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP