Lemon Custard Cake in a crock-pot

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I love all things lemon. It's such a refreshing flavor. One of my favorite desserts is the lemon tart (which I will perfect one of these days. Until then, I will enjoy experimenting.) Since I also love experimenting in my crock-pot, then this recipe is an obvious success for me. I was inspired by some recipes online, but after a few tries (and failures) I came up with this one. It has a nice custard cake texture and a great lemon tart flavor. It's even better with a blueberry sauce and whipped cream!Click here for printable recipe.

Posted by Jen.


The Ingredients:
1 c sugar
1/2 c flour
zest of 2 lemons (just the yellow part)
1 1/2 c milk
1/2 c lemon juice (use the juice of 2 lemon plus extra needed to make 1/2 cup)
3 eggs, slightly beaten

The Directions:
Thoroughly grease the inside of your crock-pot
In separate bowls mix the dry ingredients in one (including the zest), and the wet ingredients in another. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat so that the batter is smooth. Pour into greased crock-pot. (sorry for the blurry picture)Cook on High for 2-3 hours until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean. I used a 4 qt crock-pot and it took a little over 2 1/2 hours.Remove lid and turn off heat. Serve warm with blueberry sauce if desired. (recipe to follow)

Blueberry sauce
The Ingredients:

1/2 c water
1 c frozen blueberries
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

The Directions:
Add all the ingredients into a small sauce pan. Heat on stove on med-high heat stirring so as to dissolve the sugar. Bring to a boil. Then turn down heat and let thicken. At this point you can squish the blueberries with the back of your fork. When it is at the desired thickness, then remove from heat and cool a little to serve with a lemony treat. (although it's also good on vanilla ice cream)


4 comments:

Avril October 13, 2011 at 1:14 PM  

What a great dessert recipe for the crockpot! Love the combo of lemon and blueberries too! :-)

Nicole October 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

This looks devine. Do you think I could use a bigger crockpot and just double the recipe? Thanks for your recipes! They are always perfect for my family!

teresa October 14, 2011 at 2:36 PM  

i never think to use my crockpot for desserts, but this is genius! and it looks amazing!

Penandra May 27, 2013 at 1:18 AM  

Thank you for this great recipe. I made with lemons from my backyard tree. I could only find my large crockpot (I think I loaned out the small one for a holiday dinner). I put a serving bowl in the bottom of my crockpot and poured the "batter" into that. Cooked in crockpot 2-1/2 hours.
Served with fresh blueberries and whipped cream. Delicious!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP