Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

 Most crockpot meals are on the easy side of the spectrum for cooking, but this throw-and-go meal is about as easy as easy gets, even for crockpot cooking .   I put the chicken thighs into the slow cooker frozen, without adding a single thing, came back 6 hours later, drained it, shredded it, added the last couple of ingredients, and dinner was on the table within 10 minutes.   And the best part of all....it was a home run.  All seven of us gave these moist, flavorful sandwiches two thumbs' up!    :)
Recipe Source:  Sweet Treats and More

Click here for printable recipe.


The ingredients:

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I highly recommend using the thighs, instead of breasts)
1 bottle (12-ounces) favorite Caesar dressing
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
8 hamburger buns, toasted

Directions:  Without adding any liquid or spices, place chicken thighs in a 3-4 quart slow cooker.  (I put mine in partially frozen)  Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6-7 hours. 
Drain any accumulated liquid from crockpot and shred chicken with a sturdy spoon or fork.  Pour in 1/2 bottle of dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper.  Stir together until evenly mixed.  Continue to add dressing until desired moistness level has been reached (for me it was about 3/4 bottle). 

Cover and cook on HIGH for 20-30 minutes or until mixture is hot. (NOTE:  I skipped this final heating time completely and just served them warm. ) Meanwhile toast the buns, if desired.  Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture over toasted buns.  Add lettuce and any other desired toppings.  Serve immediately. 
Enjoy! 


Don't miss a single recipe at Recipe Shoebox.  Sign up on the right for free email updates. 

7 comments:

Kim November 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

This is an awesome idea! I love caesar dressing on about anything and I know this would be a hit.

Dining Alone November 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM  

My sister would love these, I will be sending her the recipe. I like the step by step photos.

K November 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM  

I am totally making this tomorrow for dinner. I'll let you know what I think.

teresa November 10, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

oh what a delicious dinner, i love chicken cesar!

Anonymous,  November 19, 2011 at 2:07 PM  

This looks amazing! My chicken is in the slow cooker now. But instead of sandwiches I got wraps to put them in :)

annalisa November 26, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

I made these today and I loved them! They were easy to make and very flavorful!

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP