Valentine's Day Strawberry snacks

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day! Hopefully today you feel extra loved. I was searching around for a quick Valentine's Day snack, and I came across this easy snack. It would be perfect for an after school snack for your loved ones. (and with the wheat bread and strawberries I'd like to think it's a little bit healthy!). I honestly can't remember where I saw this idea online and I forgot to bookmark it. So, if this little gem of a snack is your idea, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due. Maybe after eating these snacks your loved ones will give you little chocolate kisses!
Ingredients:
Wheat bread
Nutella
strawberries
heart shaped cookie cutter (optional)

Directions:
Cut bread out into heart shapes. Or just cut the bread into four squares. You may wish to toast your bread first, but it's totally up to you.
Wash and dry the strawberries and cut off the tops. Slice either in half or into thinner slices. Cut into a heart shape. Have you ever noticed that strawberries are just naturally heart shaped?!
Spread a spoonful of Nutella onto your bread. And place strawberry in the middle.
Voila!. A super easy and somewhat healthy snack that your kids can help make. My three-year old gobbled it up. (and he had a lovely chocolate face afterwards!)
Happy Valentine's Day! Don't forget to tell someone you love that you love them.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 15, 2012 at 2:23 PM  

What a fun Valentine-y snack. My kids would go ga-ga over this!

Gabby

Post a Comment

We love comments almost as much as we love good food...

About This Blog

My name is Lara and while I'm definitely not a gourmet cook, I do love preparing tasty, healthy meals for my family. Finding new recipes to try and sharing the ones we've already fallen in love with is a passion I've had since college and the reason why I've started this blog! With five kids, I'm usually in a hurry, so you'll find most of these recipes kid friendly and simple to make.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP